Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Altered Shoe project for Angela Holt Designs Creative Design Team featuring PK Glitz

Welcome

WELCOME....

This month at Angela Holt Designs we have an
AWESOME sponsor we will be creating with.
We have PK GLITZ... in addition we'll be showcasing
many products from Angela Holt Designs too!



Please visit this months sponsor to see the
AWESOME products they carry
... you are going to LOVE them!!!
 
***********
Today I have an altered shoe that
I have made into a pin cushion...
Now... I am a child of the 80's!!... Hair bands, parachutte pants
and granny boots. We LOVED those granny boots. I HAD
to have a pair. Yep, I still have them... and they have
been used for several costume parties...lol!!! BUT, I knew
I wasn't ever going to wear them again so I took one
and I wanted to make it into a pin cushion... cause
I have a LOVE for stick pins and I wanted something
to diplay them on. So using the PK Glitz "Violet"... I
went to town glittering it up... I first, working in sections
and with mod podge, covered the shoe and then sprinkled
the area with the glitter... once it dried I went back over it
"sealing" it with mod podge again... Then using the
"New Beginnings" Printable Journal by Tsunami Rose Designs...
I picked a couple pages I liked most... and the colors of
this printable went AWESOME with the PK Glitz "Violet",...
and mod podged the pieces randomly where I wanted it.
Than I added laces, flatbacks pearls, a cameo, charms,
seimens, mulberry flowers and leaves, a resin rose, a
buckle w/a flatback pearl. The cushion is just made of
polyfill and some scrap material I had... I just cover the
polyfill with the material, arranged it inside the shoe till I liked
it and hot glued it in! I also added some bling from
Angela Holts own on-line store she carries in her Bling
Splendor Line!!! Lastly I spritzed the flowers with a
stardust finishing spray from amuse studio. It took me
a few weeks to get this done, but I LOVE IT and I
have my pins from Pinque Peacock's
"Sweet Neopolitian" Collection displayed!!!

This color, "VOILET" is available in the Color Wheel Spring II
or in the Glitter Glitz .05 oz Jars...
I hope you enjoy my project!!
 







 
***********
You can visit PK Glitz at their website and
check out ALL the AWESOME products
they have or on Facebook at Pk Glitz and More!!

Be sure to watch their Jammi Classes
on Youtube for more great crafting ideas!!

Be sure to check out Angela and her USTREAM Classes on



Saturdays... she has soooo many awesome designs.

Also check out...

... and visit her fan page on Facebook too!!!
Stop by Angela's store to check out all her beautiful products!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope
you have enjoyed my project!!!!

~~**Happy to ANNOUNCE**~~
My Project was on this weeks 
Mark Montano's FEATURED FRIENDS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Super amazing projects. I love your shoe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shoe is just awesome!!! Such a pretty, pretty project.... I know you must be so proud of this little gal for sure! She's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda= oh my, oh my- this is gorgeous! What an amazing project!
    Teresa
    www.CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete